Sunday, March 22, 2009

Run-off

Yesterday afternoon R and I went up to my favorite right-off-the-side-of-the-road waterfalls (just when there's been lots of rain or melt-off). The sun was playing peek-a-boo, which was fine with me, because I have trouble getting slower water when there's lots of light...too much gets blown out. Give me a good cloudy overcast day anytime. (spoken like a true Northwesterner)


I really like the painterly feel to this one. It reminds me of something Kaz would do. Very impressionistic.

14 comments:

  1. Gosh Pat that just looks so cool!! Gorgeous catures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty of your photos always makes me sigh with contentment, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really amazing! Sooo soothing and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I could sit and look at them all night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. That water looks like silk flowing down those rocks. Definitely very painterly. You really should sell your work. Its stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such calming shots, that water looks like pure silk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! Great use of shutter speed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so gorgeous. The water looks so soft and misty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on these! I also read the Home Depot post - and I love the tiny little sunflare you caught on your waterdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Pat - I so want to go see your falls one day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW these are fantastic! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how beautiful! Such silky captures! I bet this is a particularly beautiful time of the year for the falls. You asked about my ISO. . . I used my 50 1.4 lens at f/1.4 and ISO 800. The fact that there were so many neon lights really helped to illuminate the shot, although it was still a little tricky not getting the light blown out, and losing all the detail in the shadows. A little tweaking in Camera Raw really helped!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always adore your waterfalls Pat, these are too beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!