Friday, March 6, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside!

It's pretty chilly when robins start to look like tennis balls...
The view out our window this morning. I love it when the mountains look like they are flocked, and when we have BLUE SKY!!!!!

Went over to the Falls to see if the cold this morning yielded anything exciting, but there wasn't as much snow, and the Falls were too low for there to be much mist, so there wasn't anything to freeze on the grasses, branches, and stuff. I did find the early sun coming through the mist, though.
And, a little bit of refraction, and flare, in a melting ice drop.

16 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Pat! I love the last two, but the one of the falls is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The melting ice in the last photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with that robin shot! Love that round belly so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue sky is something I see daily, but to see those snowy covered hills takes my breath away. I love nature and all its splendor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, I use black foamboard for a black background. It rarely photographs dark black and I usually have to burn the background, but in this case I did a soft light layer on the photo and it darkened up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, these are gorgeous! I love the mountains, they do look like they've been sprayed with that fake snow they sell at Christmastime. The falls are amazing, I can almost hear them roaring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love pictures of ice and frost - yours are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL its a tennis ball bird!

    love love love the reflection in the last shot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Pat these shots are fantastic! My fav is the melting ice:) TFS
    Shawna (shawkrem)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another day of gorgeous pictures! I love the robin pic; what a fluffy little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those are amazing shots! I have to say that robin one is my favorite though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously laughed out loud at that robin and your caption of him looking like a tennis ball! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have an amazing view - so jealous!! And to be within walking distance of falls - wow!! And that robin is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an awesome view! I'm so jealous! and the robin is so so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!