Friday, March 27, 2009

It just keeps on hangin' on...

Woke up Wednesday morning to 5" of snow on the ground; it's all gone now, but this was the new snow yesterday morning on the mountain behind us. The mountain has a curve that seems to trap the snow in a certain area; you can see a diagonal tree line on the left where the snow didn't stick. It just depends on the air flow around that part of the mountain. This is the view from my bathroom window...I am so lucky!!
A close-up of the top of the peak. People climb to the top of this...sometimes not too successfully.
A wider view of the "wart", as I call it.
And THIS! This is the demented robin, who for the THIRD (yes THIRD) year in a row is back, fighting with the bird in the front door kickplate (which is now covered with paper). So, he throws himself against the front window, sitting on the porch railing in between flings. I've strung fishing line across the railing, which keeps him off of there, but he just rests on the porch before flying up to the window. Needless to say, my windows are filthy, as is the porch. He also goes after 4 other windows on other sides of the house.
His days are numbered. Who killed Cock Robin? I don't know, but please send him here. I have a contract for him.

15 comments:

  1. Pat , you have an AMAZING view out your bathroom window. !!
    Love the light behind the little robin and my , how sweet and innocent he looks. !
    We had a little male blue wren that did that ( attack his reflection in the window) it was wonderful cause I could see him from inside, must admit he didn't make a big mess like your little robin does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful view! I bet our hawk would love some breast meat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa...that robin is so fluffy!!

    Yes, your view is incredible! I'd love to have a cup of coffee in your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those trees are gorgeous!
    And who would think that sweet, fluffy little Robin could be such a pest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a crazy spring, weatherwise. Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful view. I like the shadows and blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO! He's back AGAIN?!? Oh my gosh, he's either and extremely smart bird (coming back to visit his true love...himself) or the dumbest bird ever (to keep throwing himself against your windows)!

    Yes, you are lucky to have that view out your bathroom window, it is gorgeous!

    Your shots of the tumblers are amazing, some of my favorite photos of yours ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful skyline and man is that robin big. I bet he is a real bully - we have bully mocking birds (always gotta have one that can't play well with others it seems). TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--that tree line is so cool. It's weird how there is such a delineated point at which the snow doesn't stick. And to have that view from my bathroom window...oh, how I would love that. Someday I will move somewhere beautiful. Bruce doesn't know it yet, but we will :)
    The story about the Robin is actually a little funny. I'm sure it's annoying to you but it gave me a smile..

    ReplyDelete
  10. So amazingly gorgeous. And that bird would really peeve me out!! But then I don't really like birds, so that would have something to do with it too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny about the robin - though not so fun to clean up after him! Love your shot of him and the mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAHHA....that is so funny about the robin. My mother is such a bird lover, but I had a biting accident with a parrot once so I am not a big fan. He is pretty though...and I am sure he does a lot of pooping. I love your view from the bathroom. All I can see is my neighbors very messy yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing view!!! And what a crazy, crazy robin! I wish he would get the hint and go away, and find some other window to attack, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just the most gorgeous view! And that is one persistent robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So funny, that does look like a wart! I love the warm valley but I pine for trees sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!