Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Crazy day...

Yesterday was a crazy day with the weather. I woke up to this.....
By suppertime, a lot of the snow had melted, and we had deep fog. I love the way the forest looks with the fog lying in amongst the trees.
A shift in position, a shift in the light, and things get murkier and more mysterious.
And then, the most GORGEOUS sunset! Because we live in a mountain valley, we miss most of the great sunsets, unless conditions are just right. Last night they were. The fog intensified the colors and made everything glow. This is really the color it was; I wish the pearl-like quality of the light came across. So, even though the day began with a whammy, Mother Nature had a pleasant surprise at the end of the day.

15 comments:

  1. WOW...what a drastic day. I love the spooky feeling to the fog. Its really fantastic. I can't get over the dynamic of the happenings all in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh, I love that third shot. Did you hear, 70 degrees by Monday? YEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what the fog did to the sunset...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like at least 3 seasons in one day! You certainly captured some extraordinary scenes and probably had to move fast before each one changed into something else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Pat! Gorgeous sunset shot! I don't think I've ever seen the sunset through the fog. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh soooooo beautiful!!!
    I think you would be depressed if you lived here after experiencing such beauty on a daily basis!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing day! Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sunset with the pink color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great shots - I rather like the foggy shot. Hopefully that is it for snow for you all. Time for some Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. These are all so beautiful. I especially love the last one. Incredible color. Nature is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love days like that! Well... minus the sn*w part of course. :p I hope spring comes soon for you and sticks around for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you love it when you wake up to snow?? NOT! :) Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I LOVE the change from the morning to sunset. That last picture is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE the mysteriousness of fog, Pat and that second fog photo just beckons me into the woods. LOVE the soft glowing light of the sunset, simply beautiful. So you experienced snow, fog and sunset all in one day, what an amazing place to live.... a photographers dream.
    GREAT shots. !!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!