Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A little more Art Show

This is my idea of Fair Food--- Shish-ka-berries, one of the favorite art show treats. Fresh strawberries, dipped in chocolate, topped with nuts, or sprinkles, or swirls, or whipped cream...you name it. They're delicious, and the berries are huge and juicy. That stick is about 12" tall.

One of the exhibitors in the juried area at the art show is a glass artist, and has baskets full of glass balls. I love all the different color variations and patterns that he gets in the balls. I'd love to have a few of them floating in my pond.


9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those shi-ka-berries look amazing!!! Our county fair starts today, wonder if I'll find anything that yummy...no way! The glass balls are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I recognize those balls! Our friends bought them for their fountain when we went to the Edmonds Arts Festival last month. We spent a good half hour agonizing over which 5 worked the best together!

    Hope you're hanging out in your basement and keeping cool(ish). I'm thinking a hotel room the next few nights sounds good.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! Gotta say, that looks even better than a funnel cake. And those glass balls are beautiful - would fill a large bowl nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shots! Those berries look so so good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please send me a basket of 2 of those glass balls. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!! And those balls would be great for a fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need some glass balls! (Better than brass ones, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those balls are so beautiful!! And I could go for those shi-ka-berries! They are healthy... ??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those shi-ka-berries! Do they keep them chilled? They look like they'd melt into a glop otherwise! What a cool art fair!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!