Friday, June 12, 2009

Astrantia

I bought this last year at the botanic garden--this variety, and a pink variety, which isn't quite blooming yet. I love the white variety, and the way that the new petals have the distinct green veining in them. The new plant has settled in nicely, and has been sending out lots of little colonists, so I can see why the botanic garden was so willing to sell off fairly good sized plants! :-D

Same shot, just a different crop. I couldn't decide whether I prefered it vertically or horizontally. I think I am leaning toward vertical since it seems to accentuate the veining in the petals. What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. I actually like the horizontal, more negative space:) I don't think I have ever seen one of those before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the vertical. Almost looks like just leaves. Pretty plant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty plant and you captured it wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I liked the horizontal better, until you mentioned the direction of the veins. The reason I liked the horizontal one is because I like more negative space in this shot, so if the vertical had more of that, I would definetely, hands down be more inclined to that one. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love them both...hard to decide but I am leaning more towards the vertical because I think it places more emphasis on the veining that is so intricate. Few...I just love that green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So hard to choose - but so beautiful to look at! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That plant is amazing Pat, or should I saw your photography. It looks like it is lit within. I like the vertical best when you see them both to compare... to me it just feels and looks better, I generally just go with instinct. ;

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going with the vertical. The lighting is gorgeous, love the details! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!