Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rusted Remains

The next town over from where I live has a railway museum, with a wonderfully restored depot, and a train that runs through the valley, as well as hosting Thomas in the summer. There is also a collection of old railcars and engines...most of which are not much more than rusted-out hulks. My DH, who used to work for the railroad, rolls his eyes in disgust everytime he sees the collection of junk, but the railroad afficionados love this stuff.

Me? I think it's junk too---but there is a wealth of detail in all the junk. If you overlook the big picture, and focus in small, there are really cool patterns and textures to be found.




17 comments:

  1. Not a collection of junk to me! I love these! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the details. . . and bet I would love the big picture of "junk" too! Did you use a particular kind of processing on these? An action? I like how you got so many muted orange/green colors in these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all this detail! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Pat. I love that yellow door with the hint of almost lavender to it. I bet it would be a really cool place to do a portrait session!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every little detail Pat! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job catching all the details. I love this series.. would look cool in a photo board

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great details!! Love all the textures and colors!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots, I really like the detail in the last few shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is some pretty impressive rust! Great photos, as always (it's kind of a given that you will produce super captures under all circumstances) - long winded way of saying I have so much admiration for your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the texture! I really like the chain. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great textures and details. My fave is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just marvel at how you always find the most interesting details and show them for the beauties they are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure can make anything look fabulous, wonderful shots! There are tons of old railroad cars around here....all surrounded by fences, I've been looking for an 'exposed' one that I can photograph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pat those shots are great I love all the small rusted details that you have captured.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a train lover so not junk to me. Great photos. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, there is SO MUCH delicious texture in there! I would have a hayday shooting there with you! (I wish!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!