Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sunny blooms

"I don't think there's anything on this planet that more trumpets life than the sunflower....Wherever light is, no matter how weak, these flowers will find it. And that's such an admirable thing. And such a lesson in life." Helen Mirren The Calendar Girls



Ok, so technically they aren't all sunflowers, but they are still all that vibrant cheery exultant yellow that tickles your soul and makes you want to stand up and shout. I mean, who could possibly be down looking at that color?

12 comments:

  1. I love Calendar Girls! Beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right - yellow is the perfect color to make people happy!! Love that last shot with the beautiful blue container!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll second that motion - brilliant shots and I just love Calendar Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pat, that last shot is amazing! I love the yellow flower with the blue pot....great eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful Pat. I love the blue pot in the last one.

    I forgot to answer your question the other day, we *hopefully* are traveling to Davenport, IA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the blue of that pot against all that yellow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I especially love the 3rd shot. PS, on my blog you asked how old those Stations of the Cross are...they were built in 1926!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those make me feel happy when I look at them:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Imagine this in winter!!!! What images!!!! And I love your journaling along with this. . . now I'm off to google Calendar Girls. ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all beautiful! I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blue pot with them...pretty, pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They make me so happy... have I mentioned I love yellow?

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!