Saturday, May 30, 2009

Just what I needed

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." John Burroughs

Yesterday R and I went out to Rattlesnake Lake to get a little fresh air, a little peace and quiet, and time to relax and unwind. I managed to get part-way along the lake path--took me forever, and wore me out, but soooooo worth the effort. Just to see the jade green water and to hear the water lapping against the rocks on the shore, to see and hear the osprey wheeling overhead---balm to the soul.
The lake is low enough that all the stumps from the former forest are above water level. It is so much fun to get inside the roots and look through the "windows".
Don't you think every kayaker needs a partner like this???

8 comments:

  1. Soothes my soul as well. Continued progress getting well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pat, these are wonderful. What a beautiful place, you're so lucky. I take my dog out on my kayak too! He gets lots of attention. The first time out, he didn't quite "get" the whole water thing. He walked off the tip of the kayak, head first into the bay! Luckily he was wearing his doggie life jacket (which I highly recommend to anyone boating with dogs!). Now, he's a seasoned pro, just lays out on the bow and enjoys the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "window" shots. So peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the framing through the trees, those are amazing! I'm glad you're doing better, I hope you are back to feeling like yourself quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots Pat. That water is the most amazing color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love #2, looking through the trunk is so cool. I'm so glad you were able to get out and have some fun.

    We took our beagle out on my brother-in-law's motor boat--he howled the whole time. It was hilarious. Guess he's just not a water dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 2nd photo would make a fantastic enlargement! What a peaceful, appealing, looking place! Hope your strength has been returning well, Pat. You were really, really missed while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, peaceful place, Pat, I love the photos you framed with the tree trunks and the gorgeous colour of the water.
    Bet you slept well after your big walk. !!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!