Friday, May 29, 2009

Blues

Oooh! Jackpot while strolling through the nursery... This is a Himalayan poppy. They bloom only briefly, but have the most incredible sky blue blossoms.
My columbine is finally blooming. I love this variety--it reminds me of crinoline petticoats peeking out from beneath a fancy dress.
I have discovered that until I am all better (ie stronger) I am going to have to use my tripod for just about everything. Of the shots I took at the nursery today, I had to delete at least 3/4 of them because I am still too shaky for the big gun...patience is a bear! So either tripod or P&S, and I can shoot.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures! I love that blue. And I am not ill yet I need my tripod most of the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned how wonderful it is to have you back? We love you! What a beautiful blue, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a blue poppy before! So pretty! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I love both of these I have never seen one of those first ones. I should always use a tripod and I am not recovering from being sick. I love your Macro shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family is in Rochester Hills it's about 45 minutes North of Detroit. Beautiful as always Pat. Love the blue poppy. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got out and about today! B and I saw that blue poppy at a place in La Conner a couple of weekends ago. Up until then, I had never seen a blue poppy. The color absolutely astounded me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you can shoot again Pat! Been missing your macros! And what a gorgeous blue on that first flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous, I love the pretty blues! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both beautiful, Pat. !!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Peanut Gallery are welcome!